Table of Contents
The Sitrion ONE Kudos feature enables user to user peer recognition on the Sitrion ONE platform. The feature is made up of 2 components: a kudos notifications card which is received by the sender and recipient of the kudo. The other component is the Send Kudos MicroApp which allows a user to search for a colleague and send a kudo. This feature guide is intended to cover how to use and deploy the feature to your employees.
This section will cover the end user experience for sending and receiving a Kudo.
- To send a kudo to a colleague you first have to open the “Send A Kudo” MicroApp found in the services tab of your Sitrion ONE Client.
- Once loaded, enter the colleague name you wish to send the kudo to.
- Next, tap on the targeted user to navigate to the list of kudos you can send.
- Select the kudo you would like to send in order to navigate to the kudos message detail screen.
- Finally, click submit when you are completed. The kudo will be sent to the intended recipient.
When a kudo is given to a user, a card is generated that is shared to three different targets:
- The recipient
- The sender
- The pre-configured Kudos channel
In addition to a card being generated, a push notification is sent to both the recipient and the sender if they have push notifications enabled in their mobile apps.
The first step in enabling this feature is to request that the Kudos feature, Kudos card, and Kudos MicroApp be shared with your tenant. You will also need the Kudos feature enabled for your tenant. Engage with your customer success manager and they will gladly help you with this initial step. To properly configure this feature, you will require tenant administration privileges.
The next step in configuring your tenant for Kudos is to create a Kudos channel. This is optional but is highly recommended to allow others to follow the kudos being distributed within your organization. What good is praise if no one sees it?
- Navigate to the Cloud Comm Console and select Channels.
- Click Add Channel and provide a name for your Kudos channel. It is recommended that you don’t make the channel mandatory. Instead, opt users in manually or post a message indicating that users can subscribe.
- The next step is to navigate to the Kudos tab in the Cloud Comm Console.
- You can now select your newly created Kudos channel in the Kudos channel dropdown list and click save.
Once enabled, the Manage Kudos console does not have predefined kudo definitions. You will want to create kudo definitions that suit your organization’s needs.
Adding a new Kudo definition is easy. Simply click the Add Definition button and fill out the description and Name properties, and upload a picture.
This field allows you to set a brief description for the kudo definition. This will never be shown to users, and is only used for administrative purposes.
Upload any image you wish. The image will be optimized for mobile rendering but it is a good practice to not upload very large images, instead a .png with a 1-20kb size is recommended.
The localized name field is what renders for users in the kudos app as well as on the push notification and generated cards. You can set different labels for each language. Users will see the localized text in the language set in the tenant for their account. If a localized version does not exist for the users language, the default localization will be used.
To edit a kudo, click the pencil edit button to open the edit kudo dialog. This dialog allows you to change all properties for the selected kudo.
To delete a kudo, click the trash/garbage can icon for the kudo you wish to delete. A confirmation message will be displayed to confirm your delete action.
The last step in configuring the Kudos feature is to deploy the kudos apps to user roles.
- Navigate to the Roles console under the Tenant Admin section.
- Select the role you would like to deploy the kudos capability to.
- Add the following two apps to the role in the appropriate category.
- The “*Sitrion Cloud Comm Kudos” Card
- The “Sitrion Cloud Comm Send Kudo” MicroApp
- Click Save at the bottom of the Role Editor